Friday, October 9, 2015

Styrenheten


I got a head injury that my mind block the memory of the actual event of. I remember the aftermath of going to the hospital and getting a cat scan, but the fall that caused me to hit the back of my head and about the 5 minutes of my life that followed were never stored. It was freaky to me because I “woke up” as I was conscious and walking. I had no idea what had happened, but the people around me said I was conscious and talking moments before. I felt as if that past me was another person that was using my body without my control. That experience got me even more into how the brain works, but more importantly it reinforced my feelings of not being in control of my life. I feel that I my body is not fully controlled by me and I fear what the true controller may reveal about my identity. Am I merely a product of this body’s memories and brain or am I in control of my brain and by extension my body?

No comments:

Post a Comment